Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Day

We don't usually make a big deal of this holiday, but we do have a few small traditions that are kinda fun. For Valentine's Day, we buy humorous/joke cards for each other (the only time I ever buy pre-written cards in a store. They are selling some of those for $5!!!!) so that's something fun and entertaining to look forward to. I also make some sort of pink food, which isn't original or anything but we enjoy it. This year it was pink banana pancakes for breakfast and pink white chili for dinner.

We don't do a lot as far as presents go, but instead go out for dinner or some other fun activity.
Saturday night we went to Cheesecake Factory with our friends and went all out! All 3 couples bought an appetizer to split with everyone, the entree portions are huge, and of course you have to get cheesecake. I was so excited for ours-- White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle....
It was gone 60 seconds later. Literally. I'm not even joking.
We were all stuffed by the end and could barely walk out, but we had a blast.

Brody broke our promise to not spend more than $5 on presents and bought me DDR (a game for the xbox. It WAS on sale though for a really good price, so that makes it ok) AND surprised me with a flower.
(but we didn't have a vase, so he improvised)
He gave me the present early, so I figured I better come up with something good for him without spending much, so I decided to "heart attack" his side of the room. It's not a super great present, but I thought it turned out pretty good and he was very surprised when he woke up to this this morning.

After church, we just spent the day together preparing dinner, going on a walk, playing cards and baking cookies. (I finally made a successful batch of cookies! I think my mom would approve)

Then later on that night our friends came over for dessert and we played the game "like minds." I thought the game was pretty fitting and we had a good time!

I think it's kind of fun to have a holiday to celebrate and spend time with the ones you love.

6 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

How fun. I can't imagine what it would be like to be just a couple for so many years and get to just have so much fun with out the little kidlets around. Not that I don't love my little kidlets, but sometimes it would be nice to just be the 2 of us. Keep up those traditions!

Lindsey said...

What a fun day! I LOVE the cheecake photos of you drooling over it and then the empty plate. You and Brody are so darling. I'm so glad I got to see both of you on my last visit.

tutus n bowties said...

We think alike! I'm glad you had a fun date night and a fun holiday together.

Lee said...

Good job on the cookies! See, it isn't so hard afterall, is it? Love the water bottle "vase" funny! The rose is beautiful. Tell Brody way to go! I'm glad you had a fun day together.

Stacey said...

Loved your homemade heart attack. Were those your mom's sugar cookie recipe? Are you a cookie queen like she is. I've got to take a break from making cookies. It's doing me in and there is nothing more I love than a good sugar cookie! Looks like a fun weekend to be you!

Lee said...

Did you have that group picture there when you first posted this? Which couple is which? I want to meet them all someday!